The spring weather is finally upon us! Hopefully many of you can at least open your windows and enjoy the fresh air. The parade Friday was such a wonderful event. While it was difficult for teachers and staff to not get to stop and talk to people, it was great getting to see the smiling faces of students that we no longer get to see on a daily basis. While this is a difficult time, it does also serve a reminder of what is important: relationships. Special thanks to Anna Swanson, Erica Hamm, and Jessica Wafzig for organizing the event and for Germantown, German Township, and Jackson Township police departments for ensuring the well-being and safety of everyone.
A few important notes moving forward:
- We will not be giving out interim grades for this grading period.
- As a reminder, there is no “school” this Friday.
- There has not been any final decision made from OHSAA regarding Spring sports. As of now, they will resume at the conclusion of our current stay-at-home order May 4th.
- We WILL have a virtual board meeting on Monday night. Stay tuned for more details on this in the coming days.
- On Thursday, along with the meal distribution, thanks to Sinclair’s “Project Read”, we will also be distributing age-appropriate books for students. This will be done at our meal drop-off locations.
- Special thanks to the Sunoco station and the Fresh Market for their donation of bags to assist with our food distribution.
- As a reminder, we are providing instruction to try to keep some semblance of normalcy and to keep students engaged. We fully understand that there may be times where this simply cannot occur in your house and we will be flexible in how we respond to it.
Proud to be your Superintendent,